Bláithín Ennis is an original, unique and contemporary brand. She has been voted one of the best new jewellery designers on the Irish fashion scene. Her innovative and fresh approach immediately set her apart upon graduation. The label is affordable and beautifully designed, incorporating simple, traditional and craft driven techniques inspired by her natural surroundings in coastal Ireland. Her studio sits along the coast of Ireland's Ancient East.
Bláithín prides herself on her ability to source, manipulate and combine unusual materials from around the world to produce wearable, special and striking jewellery designs.
Her rare and unpredictable approach to material manipulation, embroidery, construction and embellishment produce exclusive, beautiful designs. Using mixtures of delicate and robust metals, sparkling crystals and soft whimsical shell mesh, her creations represent the 'unconventional' in design.
Within a year of graduating from a BA in Textile Design at the National College of Art & Design in Dublin, I went about setting up my own label 'Bláithín Ennis'. It all began when I was invited to participate in a Christmas design fair. It was my first experience showing to the public and it was here where I saw the true potential of my creations. Having wonderful industry experience with New York based designer Diane Von Furstenberg, I launched my first collection to the Irish marketplace at the end of 2012.
I've since received tremendous support from premium Irish retailers who are now stocking my brand nationwide. Brown Thomas, of the Selfridges Group, selected my work as part of their prestigious CREATE showcase in 2014, 2015 & 2017. Stylists who have used the jewellery include Marietta Doran, Laura Mullet and Cathy O'Connor. The jewellery has been worn by such lovely ladies as; Roz Purcell, Madeleine Mulqueen, Una Healy, Rachel Stevens, Kathryn Thomas, Nicole Scherzinger, Emma O'Driscoll, Rosanna Davidson, Laura Woods, Holly Carpenter, Teodora Sutra and Sarah Morrissey.
I'm absolutely passionate about creating a quality, innovative brand for my customers who appreciate design and the handmade item. I'm based from my studio with my loyal, dynamic team in the South East of Ireland, where each piece is designed and handmade.
AWARD WINNING JEWELLERY
It has been an incredible honour to have received these prestigious awards:
- Jewellery Designer of the Year 2014
Irish Fashion innovation Awards
- Best Established Business 2014
Ireland's Best Young Entrepreneur
- Outstanding Achievement Award 2015
Civic Honour, Municipal District.
- Irish Designer of the Year 2016
- Brown Thomas, Grafton Street
- Kilkenny Design, Nassau Street
- Fran and Jane, Blackrock
- The Guiness Gallery, Foxrock
- Glasnevin Museum Shop, Glasnevin
- Bianco, Malahide
- Pure, Douglas
- The Wardrobe Boutique, Mitchelstown
- Anchor Boutique, Clifden, Co. Waterford
- Cliff Design, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford
- Hibernian Gifts, Bolton Street, Waterford
- Place, Gorey
- Westgate Design, Wexford Town
- The Forge, Baldwinstown
- Town & Country, New Ross
- Walter Bourke & Son, Enniscorthy
- My Shop Granny Likes it, Abbeygate Street.
- Space Craft, Fountain Centre, Belfast.
- Cherry Pic, Newry
- The Cat & The Moon, Castle Street.
- O Reilly Turpin, Westport
- The Leitrim Design House, Carrick on Shannon.
- Walnut Grove, Monaghan Shopping Centre
- Kilkenny Design Centre, Castle Yard
- Emporium Kalu, Naas.
- The Design Atelier, Nenagh.
Noelle Interiors, Tullamore
- Red Earth, Mullingar.
- The Handmade Design Studio, Mullingar.
- The Nook & Cranny, Portlaoise.
- Black Abbey Crafts, Adare.
- The County Boutique, Ennis.
- Bella Mia Boutique, Ballymoney.
- Bella Mia Boutique, Coleraine.