Bláithín Ennis is an original, unique and contemporary brand. The label is affordable and beautifully designed, incorporating simple, traditional and craft driven techniques inspired by her natural surroundings in coastal Ireland. Her studio sits along the coast of Ireland's Ancient East. The Irish designer focuses on cutting-edge handmade jewellery and couture large scale body pieces.
A graduate of Textile Design from the National College of Art & Design in Dublin, Bláithín launched her own eponymous brand soon after graduation. Bláithín prides herself on her ability to source, manipulate and combine unusual materials from around the world to produce wearable, special and striking jewellery designs. Her fresh use of experimental materials and offbeat aesthetic, has garnered her a devoted following at home and abroad.
Bláithín’s pieces are the result of innovative, exclusive techniques and craftsmanship using whimsical shell mesh as her primary aesthetic, combined with mixtures of robust metals and sparkling crystal. Her award-winning creations represent the ‘unconventional’ in jewellery design.
Her brand has received tremendous support from premium Irish retailers. Brown Thomas, of the Selfridges Group, have selected her work as part of their prestigious CREATE showcase for the past five years. Her jewellery has been worn by pop royalty, television presenters, singer songwriters and top models. Nicole Scherzinger, Cheryl Cole, Vogue Williams, Una Healy, Kathryn Thomas, Rachel Stevens, Roz Purcell to name but a few...
Within a year of graduating from a BA in Textile Design at the National College of Art & Design in Dublin, I went about setting up my own label 'Bláithín Ennis'. It all began when I was invited to participate in a Christmas design fair. It was my first experience showing to the public and it was here where I saw the true potential of my creations. Having wonderful industry experience with New York based designer Diane Von Furstenberg, I launched my first collection to the Irish marketplace at the end of 2012.
I'm absolutely passionate about creating a quality, innovative brand for my customers who appreciate design and the handmade item. I'm based from my studio with my loyal, dynamic team in the South East of Ireland, where every piece is designed and handmade.
AWARD WINNING JEWELLERY
It has been an incredible honour to have received these prestigious awards:
- Jewellery Designer of the Year 2014
Irish Fashion innovation Awards
- Best Established Business 2014
Ireland's Best Young Entrepreneur
- Outstanding Achievement Award 2015
Civic Honour, Municipal District.
- Irish Designer of the Year 2016
- Brown Thomas, Grafton Street Arnotts, Henry Street.
- Fran and Jane, Blackrock
- The Guiness Gallery, Foxrock
- Pure, Douglas
- The Wardrobe Boutique, Mitchelstown
- Anchor Boutique, Clifden, Co. Waterford
- Cliff Design, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford
- Hibernian Gifts, Bolton Street, Waterford Beibhinn, Parade Quay Waterford.
- Place, Gorey
- Westgate Design, Wexford Town
- The Forge, Baldwinstown
- Town & Country, New Ross
- Walter Bourke, Enniscorthy
- My Shop Granny Likes it, Abbeygate Street.
- Space Craft, Fountain Centre, Belfast.
- Cherry Pic, Newry
- The Cat & The Moon, Castle Street.
- O Reilly Turpin, Westport
- The Leitrim Design House, Carrick on Shannon.
- Walnut Grove, Monaghan Shopping Centre
- Kilkenny Design Centre, Castle Yard
- Emporium Kalu, Naas.
- The Design Atelier, Nenagh.
- Red Earth, Mullingar.
- The Handmade Design Studio, Mullingar.